Monday, May 27, 2013

DO NOT PURCHASE ULTRA DECK FROM MENARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

After we decided to spend more on our decking than using normal wood, we were shocked when after about 4 days, the decking had faded to WHITE!  It just took a few days.....not years, DAYS!    When I called to complain, they explained that it faded BY DESIGN!  They pointed out that their brochure showed this very clearly.  

So, I found the brochure and found that ALL OF THE PICTURES are of the UNFADED ultra deck.  However, on one page in a very small photo, it says the decking will fade.  I asked them why all of their pictures were of the unfaded wood?  They had no answer.  They also explained that the company that manufactures the ultra deck is owed by Menards. 

I asked for some kind of compensation and they basically said NO WAY, we designed it this way.  I explained that I could understand fading after about 10 years.........not 10 days.  They didn't care.  

I have no idea if other composite decking fades this way, but do your homework.  We should have...........  Here are some pictures.  



No comments:

Post a Comment